Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Forms authentication security

I have followed exactly what the MSDN white paper asked to implement the Form
based security. I have created the useraccount database,registered few new
users in there and then logged in the RS Report Manager and gave the browser
rights to the new users on a folder and reports which all works fine.But when
I log in with the new registered user I can log in the Report manager but the
page does not display any reports or folders!! what am I doing wrong please
help!!!Hi shabab where u got that information i.e formbased security.
can pls refer that link?
Thanks!
simmi
"shahab" wrote:
> I have followed exactly what the MSDN white paper asked to implement the Form
> based security. I have created the useraccount database,registered few new
> users in there and then logged in the RS Report Manager and gave the browser
> rights to the new users on a folder and reports which all works fine.But when
> I log in with the new registered user I can log in the Report manager but the
> page does not display any reports or folders!! what am I doing wrong please
> help!!!|||for example, Forms Authentication). Here's
a white paper that can get you started
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsql2k/html/ufairs.asp
also there is one very nice article extended on this white paper which is
published on devex. go to google and search for form based authentication in
MS RS...its by Harden ..let me know if you can find otherwise I will dig into
my favourites and let you know.
good luck
"simmi" wrote:
> Hi shabab where u got that information i.e formbased security.
> can pls refer that link?
> Thanks!
> simmi
> "shahab" wrote:
> > I have followed exactly what the MSDN white paper asked to implement the Form
> > based security. I have created the useraccount database,registered few new
> > users in there and then logged in the RS Report Manager and gave the browser
> > rights to the new users on a folder and reports which all works fine.But when
> > I log in with the new registered user I can log in the Report manager but the
> > page does not display any reports or folders!! what am I doing wrong please
> > help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment