Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Forms Authentication...Can it really be done?

I could really use help getting form authentication to work. I have a box with a web site and ReportingServices installed(which if I can get this working will be moved to the DMZ). The databases are on a different machine(which will on on our network).

I have been working with the sample provided with the install and this blog.

http://blogs.msdn.com/bimusings/archive/2005/12/05/500195.aspx

My problem is that I can logon and authenticate but when I call ListChildren() my System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials is empty so I get nothing back from the call.

I know that I have a valid cookie because after I logon I can use the Reports and the ReportServer URL's and go directly to those pages.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to make ListChildren() work? Do I still call ListChildren()? Documentation is scarce and would appreciate any help provided.

Thanks

-JW

I was afraid I wouldn't get a response to this.

Can anyone help?

No comments:

Post a Comment