Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Forms authentication fun

Anyway, I finally get forms authentication up and working (I think). I use the included example. I finally get to the point where I register a user. Then I modify the rsreportservice.config file to make the new user the 'admin' user. Now when I login, I have no permissions to anything. I restart the entire server. Now when I login I get a "Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key:". Any ideas here? Why the heck didn't ms just bake forms authentication as a selectable option! It is so complicated to setup, you have to modify like a bjillion config files.

I had exactly the same problem today.

Are you using the VB code sample? I usually code in C# but the customer I'm working with prefers VB so I used the VB sample solution and got the error you mention.

Using the C# sample solution instead works fine, in theory you should be able to just build the C# solution and drop the assembly in the appropriate folders.

I've not had a chance to take a look at what the difference is between the VB/C# solutions yet but that should get you going.

Totally agree with the config file madness.

Cheers,

Keith.

|||

Keith,

The problem is that the FormsAuthentication sample is incomplete and simply does not work. Only with help from other people on the forum was I able to get it working. I can email some working sample code to you if you wish.

|||

Hello Jon,

Can you send me some working example of FormsAuthentication?
A try Microsoft's example, but, isn’t working :(

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment