Tuesday, March 27, 2012

forms authentication problem

I've searched the newgroups, and have found others who had this problem, but
their solutions don't seem
to work for my case:
I installed the forms authentication sample and it works fine on my local
machine. I then installed it
on my production server, and http://machinename/reportserver works fine, but
the ReportManager
http://machinename/reports does not work. I seem to be able to register
users but can't login. Why would
logon.aspx work and not uilogon.aspx? I followed the directions for
setting up the config files to the letter, and am using the machine name
rather than localhost to connect.
Any suggestions?
Vince Nicotina
Thomson Delmar LearningI don't think the example indicates that you must change the web.config to
Forms authentication... That is also where the logon form is named..
--
Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Mariner, Charlotte, NC
www.mariner-usa.com
(Please respond only to the newsgroups.)
I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
community of SQL Server professionals.
www.sqlpass.org
"Vincenet Nicotina" <vincent_no_spam_please_.nicotina@.delmar.com> wrote in
message news:OGnZ6b3aEHA.3944@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I've searched the newgroups, and have found others who had this problem,
but
> their solutions don't seem
> to work for my case:
> I installed the forms authentication sample and it works fine on my local
> machine. I then installed it
> on my production server, and http://machinename/reportserver works fine,
but
> the ReportManager
> http://machinename/reports does not work. I seem to be able to register
> users but can't login. Why would
> logon.aspx work and not uilogon.aspx? I followed the directions for
> setting up the config files to the letter, and am using the machine name
> rather than localhost to connect.
> Any suggestions?
> Vince Nicotina
> Thomson Delmar Learning
>|||The ReportServer web.config is set for Forms, in accordance with the
directions, but the
ReportManager web.config is not (i've read that it doesn't need to be).
I don't really understand how ReportManager and ReportServer interact. Can
anyone explain it?Any other ideas out there? Why do we need to seperate
login boxes anway?
"Wayne Snyder" <wayne.snyder@.mariner-usa.com> wrote in message
news:eF$rYzLbEHA.4032@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I don't think the example indicates that you must change the web.config to
> Forms authentication... That is also where the logon form is named..
> --
> Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
> Mariner, Charlotte, NC
> www.mariner-usa.com
> (Please respond only to the newsgroups.)
> I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
> community of SQL Server professionals.
> www.sqlpass.org
>
> "Vincenet Nicotina" <vincent_no_spam_please_.nicotina@.delmar.com> wrote in
> message news:OGnZ6b3aEHA.3944@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > I've searched the newgroups, and have found others who had this problem,
> but
> > their solutions don't seem
> > to work for my case:
> >
> > I installed the forms authentication sample and it works fine on my
local
> > machine. I then installed it
> > on my production server, and http://machinename/reportserver works fine,
> but
> > the ReportManager
> > http://machinename/reports does not work. I seem to be able to register
> > users but can't login. Why would
> > logon.aspx work and not uilogon.aspx? I followed the directions for
> > setting up the config files to the letter, and am using the machine name
> > rather than localhost to connect.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Vince Nicotina
> > Thomson Delmar Learning
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment