Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Forms Authentication Not Working

I have installed SQL Server September CTP (Full Install) on a Windows 2003
Server with IIS 6 setup with SSL. I have also installed Visual Studio 2005
(Full Install).
I installed the custom security extension example that comes with the server
install and the AdventureWorks sample reports.
When I login to the web-based Report Manager I get the following error:
Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key
The error message is displayed on an rs manager like interface with no links.
I followed the instructions that came with the Custom security extension to
the tee. I have tried several different configurations including non-SSL and
nothing works.
Does anyone know what this error pertains to or has ANYONE been able to get
Forms Authentication work AT ALL? Microsoft is not responding to any of our
posts so I guess it's up to us.
Thanks in advance.I am having the same problem with the final release version. Did you ever
resolve this issue?
"Zach" wrote:
> I have installed SQL Server September CTP (Full Install) on a Windows 2003
> Server with IIS 6 setup with SSL. I have also installed Visual Studio 2005
> (Full Install).
> I installed the custom security extension example that comes with the server
> install and the AdventureWorks sample reports.
> When I login to the web-based Report Manager I get the following error:
> Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key
> The error message is displayed on an rs manager like interface with no links.
> I followed the instructions that came with the Custom security extension to
> the tee. I have tried several different configurations including non-SSL and
> nothing works.
> Does anyone know what this error pertains to or has ANYONE been able to get
> Forms Authentication work AT ALL? Microsoft is not responding to any of our
> posts so I guess it's up to us.
> Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment