Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Forms Authentication Finally Working!!

I finally got forms authentication to work, but when I create a new user and
log in, I don't get any menus. My question is how do I assign the user I
created access to the appropriate menus (e.g., view report list,
subscriptions, etc.)?
The sample dB is different then the ReportServer dB.Ok I am an idiot and forgot to go into the RSReportServer.config file to
enter the name of the user i created. For all of you that had this problem,
this is what you needed to do!
"Neo" wrote:
> I finally got forms authentication to work, but when I create a new user and
> log in, I don't get any menus. My question is how do I assign the user I
> created access to the appropriate menus (e.g., view report list,
> subscriptions, etc.)?
> The sample dB is different then the ReportServer dB.|||Hi Neo
Where do I include this user in RSReportServer.config. The
<AdminConfiguration> portion in for the admin user I guess....
thanks
Angelo
"Neo" wrote:
> Ok I am an idiot and forgot to go into the RSReportServer.config file to
> enter the name of the user i created. For all of you that had this problem,
> this is what you needed to do!
> "Neo" wrote:
> > I finally got forms authentication to work, but when I create a new user and
> > log in, I don't get any menus. My question is how do I assign the user I
> > created access to the appropriate menus (e.g., view report list,
> > subscriptions, etc.)?
> >
> > The sample dB is different then the ReportServer dB.|||Hi Angelo,
You need to find the <security> element and change the "username." Please
see the sample below:
<Security>
<Extension Name="Forms"
Type="Microsoft.Samples.ReportingServices.CustomSecurity.Authorization,
Microsoft.Samples.ReportingServices.CustomSecurity" >
<Configuration>
<AdminConfiguration>
<UserName>changethistoyourusername</UserName>
</AdminConfiguration>
</Configuration>
</Extension>
</Security>
Sorry about the word wrap. HTH.
"Mathi" wrote:
> Hi Neo
> Where do I include this user in RSReportServer.config. The
> <AdminConfiguration> portion in for the admin user I guess....
> thanks
> Angelo
> "Neo" wrote:
> > Ok I am an idiot and forgot to go into the RSReportServer.config file to
> > enter the name of the user i created. For all of you that had this problem,
> > this is what you needed to do!
> >
> > "Neo" wrote:
> >
> > > I finally got forms authentication to work, but when I create a new user and
> > > log in, I don't get any menus. My question is how do I assign the user I
> > > created access to the appropriate menus (e.g., view report list,
> > > subscriptions, etc.)?
> > >
> > > The sample dB is different then the ReportServer dB.

No comments:

Post a Comment