Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Forms Authentication Problem

I expect that this is a trivial problem, but I've banged my head on it
for long enough. I'm hoping there's someone out there that can help!
:-)
I have the MS sample for forms authentication
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/?url=/library/en-us/dnsql2k/html/ufairs.asp)
working just fine. Once I got that working, I translated it to VB.
(We're a VB shop, so if/when I roll out RS, pretty much everything
needs to be in VB.) As far as I know, I've converted it very
accurately and exactly. However, when I try to run the VB version
(e.g. navigate to http://localhost/ReportServer/logon.aspx), I receive
the following error:
================================================== Server Error in '/ReportServer' Application.
----
Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource
required to service this request. Please review the following specific
parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: Could not load type
'Microsoft.Samples.ReportingServices.CustomSecurity.Logon'.
Source Error:
Line 1: <%@. Page language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="Logon.aspx.vb"
Inherits="Microsoft.Samples.ReportingServices.CustomSecurity.Logon" %>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
Line 3: <HTML>
Source File: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting
Services\ReportServer\logon.aspx Line: 1
----
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;
ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
==================================================
It seems as though RS is not loading the appropriate assembly. Can
anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks a lot!
Brad.OK, I think I've solved my own problem. In VB, I needed to add the
<%@. Assembly Name="Microsoft.Samples.ReportingServices.CustomSecurity"
%> directive to the aspx pages so that the right assembly would get
loaded. I hope that helps others. :-)
Brad.
On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:26:42 -0600, Bradley Plett <plettb@.hotmail.com>
wrote:
>I expect that this is a trivial problem, but I've banged my head on it
>for long enough. I'm hoping there's someone out there that can help!
>:-)
>I have the MS sample for forms authentication
>(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/?url=/library/en-us/dnsql2k/html/ufairs.asp)
>working just fine. Once I got that working, I translated it to VB.
>(We're a VB shop, so if/when I roll out RS, pretty much everything
>needs to be in VB.) As far as I know, I've converted it very
>accurately and exactly. However, when I try to run the VB version
>(e.g. navigate to http://localhost/ReportServer/logon.aspx), I receive
>the following error:
>==================================================>Server Error in '/ReportServer' Application.
>----
>Parser Error
>Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource
>required to service this request. Please review the following specific
>parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.
>Parser Error Message: Could not load type
>'Microsoft.Samples.ReportingServices.CustomSecurity.Logon'.
>Source Error:
>
>Line 1: <%@. Page language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
>Codebehind="Logon.aspx.vb"
>Inherits="Microsoft.Samples.ReportingServices.CustomSecurity.Logon" %>
>Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
>Transitional//EN">
>Line 3: <HTML>
>
>Source File: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting
>Services\ReportServer\logon.aspx Line: 1
>
>----
>Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;
>ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
>==================================================>It seems as though RS is not loading the appropriate assembly. Can
>anyone shed any light on this?
>Thanks a lot!
>Brad.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment