Thursday, March 29, 2012

Formula field

Hi,

My table looks like..
accountno datecreated balance ecode
100 09/04/07 50 a
101 09/04/07 60 b
102 09/04/07 70 c
103 09/04/07 90 d

I am using the formula..
IF {TEST_TEMP.ECODE}="b" THEN
{TEST_TEMP.ACCOUNT}
ELSE
0

I have placed the formula field in the "Details" section. But I am seeing 4 rows in the output out of which 1 row showing 101(accountno) and the remaining 0.
what should I do in order to display just the accountno 101?.
I have also tried placing the formula field in "PageHeader" section. But no use.

Thanks.can u try removing the else part?
IF {TEST_TEMP.ECODE}="b" THEN
{TEST_TEMP.ACCOUNT}|||But I am seeing 4 rows in the output out of which 1 row showing 101(accountno) and the remaining 0

You got what u asked for!
use IF {TEST_TEMP.ECODE}="b" THEN
{TEST_TEMP.ACCOUNT}
ELSE
"";|||I tried both..that is removing the ELSE part and putting "". but no use..|||Put the formula in : Menu / Report / Edit Selection Formula / Record
with the next syntax :
{TEST_TEMP.ECODE}="b"|||To show only the rows which are 'b" just go to the section expert, select details, and conditionally suppress it using a formula like:

If {table.field) <> "b" then true

No comments:

Post a Comment