Monday, March 26, 2012

Forms Authentication

I have installed and implemented the Security Extension for forms
authentication. I am trying to get the reportviewer control to show me the
requested report and with the toolbar. When I make a call to my server's
reporting server, I get resource not found. The request looks like this -
http://servername/reportserver?/AdHoc/Test/Testing
This is where the proplem resides. Can anyone help me. I am under a tight
deadline for a project and have spen over 50 hours trying to get this stuff
to work.
Thanks,
bspannStrange behavior , but just try to see if the Item is
actually available on the Report Server.
Just go to the link http://servername/reportserver and
follow the folder path you have specified and see if the
item is present!
>--Original Message--
>I have installed and implemented the Security Extension
for forms
>authentication. I am trying to get the reportviewer
control to show me the
>requested report and with the toolbar. When I make a
call to my server's
>reporting server, I get resource not found. The request
looks like this -
>http://servername/reportserver?/AdHoc/Test/Testing
>This is where the proplem resides. Can anyone help me.
I am under a tight
>deadline for a project and have spen over 50 hours trying
to get this stuff
>to work.
>Thanks,
>bspann
>.
>|||I solved my problem. Here are the details. Hopefully this will help other
people as well. The application that I am working on at the moment has it's
own form authentication. We wanted to integrate RS with our app. So we
followed the instructions from microsoft. We left out things in regards to
salting passwords since we do that in our framework. I could get reports
rendered from the soap API but we really wanted the toolbar. After reading
the discussion group, I found that the toolbar is not supported in the Soap
API (GRRRRRRRRRR). After I calmed down from cursing RS development team's
name, I proceded to use the reportviewer control. That is when I was getting
the weird behavior. So I placed a simple aspx form in the ReportServer
directory called logon.aspx that just redirected to our applicaitons logon
page. That was not working. Then, an ephifany occured. I went back to the
Logon.aspx page and change the following code.
<% Page.Response.Redirect("http://servername/appname/logon.aspx") %>
to
<%
System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(System.Web.HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name, false); %>
That took care of all my issues. Now everything is working just fine.
Thanks,
bspann
"Ravi" wrote:
> Strange behavior , but just try to see if the Item is
> actually available on the Report Server.
> Just go to the link http://servername/reportserver and
> follow the folder path you have specified and see if the
> item is present!
> >--Original Message--
> >I have installed and implemented the Security Extension
> for forms
> >authentication. I am trying to get the reportviewer
> control to show me the
> >requested report and with the toolbar. When I make a
> call to my server's
> >reporting server, I get resource not found. The request
> looks like this -
> >http://servername/reportserver?/AdHoc/Test/Testing
> >This is where the proplem resides. Can anyone help me.
> I am under a tight
> >deadline for a project and have spen over 50 hours trying
> to get this stuff
> >to work.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >bspann
> >.
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment