Thursday, March 29, 2012

Formula Help for a new user

I am brand new to CR... i have version 10. My work jsut threw this on me and i am about clueless. I have a variable that is giving me multiple occurances of the same data. I am pulling in account numbers in (with other fields too) in a certain date range. What would be a good formula to tell it to ONLY show me each account # once?If your variable is in a field, you can set the field's 'SuppressIfDuplicate' to True. Or in a formula, you can compare the field in the current record to the previous or next record by doing:

If {FieldName} = Next ({FieldName} Then
//Code for duplicate values
Else
//Code for non-duplicate values

Just replace 'Next' with 'Previous' if you want to look at the previous record.

(I'm running CR 8.5, so the syntax may be a little different than in 10)|||Thanks for your help... i'll try the suppress first... but i'll hold ont to that Formula for future reference also.

_________________________________________________________________

If your having a bad day dont worry it'll change; if your having a good day dont worry it'll change too.

No comments:

Post a Comment