Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Forms Authentication Problem

Hi All,
I have been trying to get Forms Authentication to work for reporting
services. I followed the article at MS's Library to a tee but I keep getting
a http 404 error when I attempt to pull up report manager. I would assume
that its referring to the login page can't be found but I checked the urls
in my config files and they point to the right places. How about in the
security extensions is there an url in there that needs to be updated that I
didn't discover? Any ideas to why I would get this error?
Thanks,
JJOk I fixed the problem mentioned above now I have the following error:
"Unable to communicate with report server. Please verify that the report
server is operational."
What could be causing this problem?
Thanks,
JJ
"JJ" <jjmraz@.-NOspAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ebO2z%23rEFHA.2540@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi All,
> I have been trying to get Forms Authentication to work for reporting
> services. I followed the article at MS's Library to a tee but I keep
getting
> a http 404 error when I attempt to pull up report manager. I would assume
> that its referring to the login page can't be found but I checked the urls
> in my config files and they point to the right places. How about in the
> security extensions is there an url in there that needs to be updated that
I
> didn't discover? Any ideas to why I would get this error?
> Thanks,
> JJ
>|||What version of RS are you running, Standard or Enterprise? Forms
Authentication works only under the Enterprise version.
"JJ" wrote:
> Ok I fixed the problem mentioned above now I have the following error:
> "Unable to communicate with report server. Please verify that the report
> server is operational."
> What could be causing this problem?
> Thanks,
> JJ
> "JJ" <jjmraz@.-NOspAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ebO2z%23rEFHA.2540@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have been trying to get Forms Authentication to work for reporting
> > services. I followed the article at MS's Library to a tee but I keep
> getting
> > a http 404 error when I attempt to pull up report manager. I would assume
> > that its referring to the login page can't be found but I checked the urls
> > in my config files and they point to the right places. How about in the
> > security extensions is there an url in there that needs to be updated that
> I
> > didn't discover? Any ideas to why I would get this error?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > JJ
> >
> >
>
>|||Hi Herb,
I am using the Enterprise Version of Reporting Services. When I go to
http://servername/ReportServer/ and hit enter I get
Server Error in /ReportServer App, Parser error message: Could not load
type Login.
Source Error:
Line 1: <% Page etc...
I have triple checked this login page and have found nothing wrong with it.
When I go to http://servername/Reports and hit enter I get Error : unable to
communicate with report server. Please verify that the report server is
operational.
I have gone through the document 3 times - "Using Forms Authenication with
Reporting Services" and made sure that every
config file is setup properly. I am having one hell of a time trying to get
Reporting services to work properly. It should not be this difficult to
implement / use and Im a programmer that uses Forms Authenication in other
web apps.
Please help.
Thanks,
JJ
"Herb" <Herb@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B28BE8EB-1DDC-4F3A-8557-2E27556DC447@.microsoft.com...
> What version of RS are you running, Standard or Enterprise? Forms
> Authentication works only under the Enterprise version.
>
> "JJ" wrote:
> > Ok I fixed the problem mentioned above now I have the following error:
> >
> > "Unable to communicate with report server. Please verify that the report
> > server is operational."
> >
> > What could be causing this problem?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > JJ
> >
> > "JJ" <jjmraz@.-NOspAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:ebO2z%23rEFHA.2540@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I have been trying to get Forms Authentication to work for reporting
> > > services. I followed the article at MS's Library to a tee but I keep
> > getting
> > > a http 404 error when I attempt to pull up report manager. I would
assume
> > > that its referring to the login page can't be found but I checked the
urls
> > > in my config files and they point to the right places. How about in
the
> > > security extensions is there an url in there that needs to be updated
that
> > I
> > > didn't discover? Any ideas to why I would get this error?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > JJ
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >|||Can you post the full error w/ the logon page you mention below? That
sounds like a common asp.net error. Check the following:
On your apx page you have the Page directive -
<%@. Page language="c#" Codebehind="YourPage.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false"
Inherits="YourAppNameSpace.YourPage" %>
Make sure the class name mentioned in the Inherits matches the classname in
your code behind file.
--
Adrian M.
MCP
"JJ" <jjmraz@.-NOspAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uiudWGtEFHA.3304@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi Herb,
> I am using the Enterprise Version of Reporting Services. When I go to
> http://servername/ReportServer/ and hit enter I get
> Server Error in /ReportServer App, Parser error message: Could not load
> type Login.
> Source Error:
> Line 1: <% Page etc...
> I have triple checked this login page and have found nothing wrong with
> it.
> When I go to http://servername/Reports and hit enter I get Error : unable
> to
> communicate with report server. Please verify that the report server is
> operational.
> I have gone through the document 3 times - "Using Forms Authenication with
> Reporting Services" and made sure that every
> config file is setup properly. I am having one hell of a time trying to
> get
> Reporting services to work properly. It should not be this difficult to
> implement / use and Im a programmer that uses Forms Authenication in other
> web apps.
> Please help.
> Thanks,
> JJ
>
>
> "Herb" <Herb@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B28BE8EB-1DDC-4F3A-8557-2E27556DC447@.microsoft.com...
>> What version of RS are you running, Standard or Enterprise? Forms
>> Authentication works only under the Enterprise version.
>>
>> "JJ" wrote:
>> > Ok I fixed the problem mentioned above now I have the following error:
>> >
>> > "Unable to communicate with report server. Please verify that the
>> > report
>> > server is operational."
>> >
>> > What could be causing this problem?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > JJ
>> >
>> > "JJ" <jjmraz@.-NOspAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > news:ebO2z%23rEFHA.2540@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> > > Hi All,
>> > >
>> > > I have been trying to get Forms Authentication to work for
>> > > reporting
>> > > services. I followed the article at MS's Library to a tee but I keep
>> > getting
>> > > a http 404 error when I attempt to pull up report manager. I would
> assume
>> > > that its referring to the login page can't be found but I checked the
> urls
>> > > in my config files and they point to the right places. How about in
> the
>> > > security extensions is there an url in there that needs to be updated
> that
>> > I
>> > > didn't discover? Any ideas to why I would get this error?
>> > >
>> > > Thanks,
>> > >
>> > > JJ
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>|||That's the thing Adrian, it does match the code behind file. My inherits
clause matchs namespace and classname. Now here's an interesting thing. When
I first implemented forms authentication. I was asked to login by IIS and
couldn't. So now I am figuring I am locked out of IIS for the moment. How do
I unlock the annonymous user account?
Thanks,
JJ
"Adrian M." <absolutelynospam@.nodomain_.com> wrote in message
news:ez0GoetEFHA.3648@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Can you post the full error w/ the logon page you mention below? That
> sounds like a common asp.net error. Check the following:
> On your apx page you have the Page directive -
> <%@. Page language="c#" Codebehind="YourPage.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false"
> Inherits="YourAppNameSpace.YourPage" %>
> Make sure the class name mentioned in the Inherits matches the classname
in
> your code behind file.
> --
> Adrian M.
> MCP
> "JJ" <jjmraz@.-NOspAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uiudWGtEFHA.3304@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Herb,
> >
> > I am using the Enterprise Version of Reporting Services. When I go to
> > http://servername/ReportServer/ and hit enter I get
> > Server Error in /ReportServer App, Parser error message: Could not load
> > type Login.
> > Source Error:
> >
> > Line 1: <% Page etc...
> >
> > I have triple checked this login page and have found nothing wrong with
> > it.
> >
> > When I go to http://servername/Reports and hit enter I get Error :
unable
> > to
> > communicate with report server. Please verify that the report server is
> > operational.
> >
> > I have gone through the document 3 times - "Using Forms Authenication
with
> > Reporting Services" and made sure that every
> > config file is setup properly. I am having one hell of a time trying to
> > get
> > Reporting services to work properly. It should not be this difficult to
> > implement / use and Im a programmer that uses Forms Authenication in
other
> > web apps.
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > JJ
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "Herb" <Herb@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:B28BE8EB-1DDC-4F3A-8557-2E27556DC447@.microsoft.com...
> >> What version of RS are you running, Standard or Enterprise? Forms
> >> Authentication works only under the Enterprise version.
> >>
> >>
> >> "JJ" wrote:
> >>
> >> > Ok I fixed the problem mentioned above now I have the following
error:
> >> >
> >> > "Unable to communicate with report server. Please verify that the
> >> > report
> >> > server is operational."
> >> >
> >> > What could be causing this problem?
> >> >
> >> > Thanks,
> >> >
> >> > JJ
> >> >
> >> > "JJ" <jjmraz@.-NOspAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:ebO2z%23rEFHA.2540@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> > > Hi All,
> >> > >
> >> > > I have been trying to get Forms Authentication to work for
> >> > > reporting
> >> > > services. I followed the article at MS's Library to a tee but I
keep
> >> > getting
> >> > > a http 404 error when I attempt to pull up report manager. I would
> > assume
> >> > > that its referring to the login page can't be found but I checked
the
> > urls
> >> > > in my config files and they point to the right places. How about in
> > the
> >> > > security extensions is there an url in there that needs to be
updated
> > that
> >> > I
> >> > > didn't discover? Any ideas to why I would get this error?
> >> > >
> >> > > Thanks,
> >> > >
> >> > > JJ
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >
> >
>|||Did you are locked out of IIS? I'm not sure what that means. Can you
http://localhost? Is your IUSR_<MachineName> user account disabled?
Did you copy your logon.aspx page to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportServer and your custom security
extension assembly to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin folder?
--
Adrian M.
MCP
"JJ" <jjmraz@.-NOspAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23KTOeltEFHA.624@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> That's the thing Adrian, it does match the code behind file. My inherits
> clause matchs namespace and classname. Now here's an interesting thing.
> When
> I first implemented forms authentication. I was asked to login by IIS and
> couldn't. So now I am figuring I am locked out of IIS for the moment. How
> do
> I unlock the annonymous user account?
> Thanks,
> JJ
> "Adrian M." <absolutelynospam@.nodomain_.com> wrote in message
> news:ez0GoetEFHA.3648@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Can you post the full error w/ the logon page you mention below? That
>> sounds like a common asp.net error. Check the following:
>> On your apx page you have the Page directive -
>> <%@. Page language="c#" Codebehind="YourPage.aspx.cs"
> AutoEventWireup="false"
>> Inherits="YourAppNameSpace.YourPage" %>
>> Make sure the class name mentioned in the Inherits matches the classname
> in
>> your code behind file.
>> --
>> Adrian M.
>> MCP
>> "JJ" <jjmraz@.-NOspAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:uiudWGtEFHA.3304@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> > Hi Herb,
>> >
>> > I am using the Enterprise Version of Reporting Services. When I go to
>> > http://servername/ReportServer/ and hit enter I get
>> > Server Error in /ReportServer App, Parser error message: Could not
>> > load
>> > type Login.
>> > Source Error:
>> >
>> > Line 1: <% Page etc...
>> >
>> > I have triple checked this login page and have found nothing wrong with
>> > it.
>> >
>> > When I go to http://servername/Reports and hit enter I get Error :
> unable
>> > to
>> > communicate with report server. Please verify that the report server
>> > is
>> > operational.
>> >
>> > I have gone through the document 3 times - "Using Forms Authenication
> with
>> > Reporting Services" and made sure that every
>> > config file is setup properly. I am having one hell of a time trying to
>> > get
>> > Reporting services to work properly. It should not be this difficult to
>> > implement / use and Im a programmer that uses Forms Authenication in
> other
>> > web apps.
>> >
>> > Please help.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > JJ
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Herb" <Herb@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:B28BE8EB-1DDC-4F3A-8557-2E27556DC447@.microsoft.com...
>> >> What version of RS are you running, Standard or Enterprise? Forms
>> >> Authentication works only under the Enterprise version.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "JJ" wrote:
>> >>
>> >> > Ok I fixed the problem mentioned above now I have the following
> error:
>> >> >
>> >> > "Unable to communicate with report server. Please verify that the
>> >> > report
>> >> > server is operational."
>> >> >
>> >> > What could be causing this problem?
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks,
>> >> >
>> >> > JJ
>> >> >
>> >> > "JJ" <jjmraz@.-NOspAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >> > news:ebO2z%23rEFHA.2540@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> >> > > Hi All,
>> >> > >
>> >> > > I have been trying to get Forms Authentication to work for
>> >> > > reporting
>> >> > > services. I followed the article at MS's Library to a tee but I
> keep
>> >> > getting
>> >> > > a http 404 error when I attempt to pull up report manager. I would
>> > assume
>> >> > > that its referring to the login page can't be found but I checked
> the
>> > urls
>> >> > > in my config files and they point to the right places. How about
>> >> > > in
>> > the
>> >> > > security extensions is there an url in there that needs to be
> updated
>> > that
>> >> > I
>> >> > > didn't discover? Any ideas to why I would get this error?
>> >> > >
>> >> > > Thanks,
>> >> > >
>> >> > > JJ
>> >> > >
>> >> > >
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>|||Try this and it will fix it..hopefully
======<%@. Page language="c#" Codebehind="YourPage.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false"
Inherits="YourAppNameSpace.YourPage, YourNamespace" %>
Cheers
shubie
"JJ" wrote:
> That's the thing Adrian, it does match the code behind file. My inherits
> clause matchs namespace and classname. Now here's an interesting thing. When
> I first implemented forms authentication. I was asked to login by IIS and
> couldn't. So now I am figuring I am locked out of IIS for the moment. How do
> I unlock the annonymous user account?
> Thanks,
> JJ
> "Adrian M." <absolutelynospam@.nodomain_.com> wrote in message
> news:ez0GoetEFHA.3648@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Can you post the full error w/ the logon page you mention below? That
> > sounds like a common asp.net error. Check the following:
> >
> > On your apx page you have the Page directive -
> > <%@. Page language="c#" Codebehind="YourPage.aspx.cs"
> AutoEventWireup="false"
> > Inherits="YourAppNameSpace.YourPage" %>
> >
> > Make sure the class name mentioned in the Inherits matches the classname
> in
> > your code behind file.
> > --
> > Adrian M.
> > MCP
> >
> > "JJ" <jjmraz@.-NOspAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:uiudWGtEFHA.3304@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi Herb,
> > >
> > > I am using the Enterprise Version of Reporting Services. When I go to
> > > http://servername/ReportServer/ and hit enter I get
> > > Server Error in /ReportServer App, Parser error message: Could not load
> > > type Login.
> > > Source Error:
> > >
> > > Line 1: <% Page etc...
> > >
> > > I have triple checked this login page and have found nothing wrong with
> > > it.
> > >
> > > When I go to http://servername/Reports and hit enter I get Error :
> unable
> > > to
> > > communicate with report server. Please verify that the report server is
> > > operational.
> > >
> > > I have gone through the document 3 times - "Using Forms Authenication
> with
> > > Reporting Services" and made sure that every
> > > config file is setup properly. I am having one hell of a time trying to
> > > get
> > > Reporting services to work properly. It should not be this difficult to
> > > implement / use and Im a programmer that uses Forms Authenication in
> other
> > > web apps.
> > >
> > > Please help.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > JJ
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "Herb" <Herb@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:B28BE8EB-1DDC-4F3A-8557-2E27556DC447@.microsoft.com...
> > >> What version of RS are you running, Standard or Enterprise? Forms
> > >> Authentication works only under the Enterprise version.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> "JJ" wrote:
> > >>
> > >> > Ok I fixed the problem mentioned above now I have the following
> error:
> > >> >
> > >> > "Unable to communicate with report server. Please verify that the
> > >> > report
> > >> > server is operational."
> > >> >
> > >> > What could be causing this problem?
> > >> >
> > >> > Thanks,
> > >> >
> > >> > JJ
> > >> >
> > >> > "JJ" <jjmraz@.-NOspAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >> > news:ebO2z%23rEFHA.2540@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > >> > > Hi All,
> > >> > >
> > >> > > I have been trying to get Forms Authentication to work for
> > >> > > reporting
> > >> > > services. I followed the article at MS's Library to a tee but I
> keep
> > >> > getting
> > >> > > a http 404 error when I attempt to pull up report manager. I would
> > > assume
> > >> > > that its referring to the login page can't be found but I checked
> the
> > > urls
> > >> > > in my config files and they point to the right places. How about in
> > > the
> > >> > > security extensions is there an url in there that needs to be
> updated
> > > that
> > >> > I
> > >> > > didn't discover? Any ideas to why I would get this error?
> > >> > >
> > >> > > Thanks,
> > >> > >
> > >> > > JJ
> > >> > >
> > >> > >
> > >> >
> > >> >
> > >> >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment