Sunday, February 26, 2012

Format matrix subtotal column

I have a matrix that has columns for each quarter of the year and I added a
subtotal colum for the year total. I would like to have the data cells in the
subtotal column be a different color than that of the the quarter columns. I
thought that using the little green triangle in the subtotal cell would work,
but it doesn't. How can I do this?
Thanks...
Regards,
SteveIt is the little green triangle - BackgroundColor in Subtotal properties.
You also have to assign a BackgroundColor for the textbox that is your column
heading.
Do you have some expression overriding it?
daw
"Steve" wrote:
> I have a matrix that has columns for each quarter of the year and I added a
> subtotal colum for the year total. I would like to have the data cells in the
> subtotal column be a different color than that of the the quarter columns. I
> thought that using the little green triangle in the subtotal cell would work,
> but it doesn't. How can I do this?
> Thanks...
> Regards,
> Steve|||For some reason I can't get it to work on a column subtotal, but it works
fine for a row subtotal. No expressions overriding it far as I can see.
The BackgroundColor for the column heading is LightSkyBlue, but changing the
BackgroundColor on the subtotals textbox to, say Red, using the little green
arrow has no effect.
I was able to get it to work by setting the BackgroundColor property in the
data cell, i.e. the one with the sum in it, using this expression:
=iif(InScope("matrix3_ColumnGroup2"),"Quarter totals","Year totals")
Thanks,
Steve
"daw" wrote:
> It is the little green triangle - BackgroundColor in Subtotal properties.
> You also have to assign a BackgroundColor for the textbox that is your column
> heading.
> Do you have some expression overriding it?
> daw
> "Steve" wrote:
> > I have a matrix that has columns for each quarter of the year and I added a
> > subtotal colum for the year total. I would like to have the data cells in the
> > subtotal column be a different color than that of the the quarter columns. I
> > thought that using the little green triangle in the subtotal cell would work,
> > but it doesn't. How can I do this?
> >
> > Thanks...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment