Friday, February 24, 2012

Format Currency Problem - HELP!

I need to display currency fields with a dollar sign, commas and no
decimal places. I entered
=FormatCurreny(fields!nameoffield.value,0,-1,-1)in the textbox
property's custom edit expressions box.
It drops the decimal places and adds the dollar sign just fine but,
I need the commas as well. What do I do?
I would apprectiate help here.
Thanks,
GailIf your Regional Settings in Control Panel is US, then go to the Format
property of the field in the Properties sheet and type in C0. (letter "C"
followed by a zero).
If your Regional Settings is not US, then go to the Language property of the
textbox, select English (United States) from the listbox, then in the Format
property type in C0.
Alternatively, you can just use an expression: =Format(FieldName, "$#,###").
HTH
Charles Kangai, MCT, MCDBA
"Gail Beedie" wrote:
> I need to display currency fields with a dollar sign, commas and no
> decimal places. I entered
> =FormatCurreny(fields!nameoffield.value,0,-1,-1)in the textbox
> property's custom edit expressions box.
> It drops the decimal places and adds the dollar sign just fine but,
> I need the commas as well. What do I do?
>
> I would apprectiate help here.
> Thanks,
> Gail
>|||YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!
GAIL
"Charles Kangai" <CharlesKangai@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<B6BAD0E4-6010-4560-A59D-788C94A5640E@.microsoft.com>...
> If your Regional Settings in Control Panel is US, then go to the Format
> property of the field in the Properties sheet and type in C0. (letter "C"
> followed by a zero).
> If your Regional Settings is not US, then go to the Language property of the
> textbox, select English (United States) from the listbox, then in the Format
> property type in C0.
> Alternatively, you can just use an expression: =Format(FieldName, "$#,###").
> HTH
> Charles Kangai, MCT, MCDBA
>
> "Gail Beedie" wrote:
> > I need to display currency fields with a dollar sign, commas and no
> > decimal places. I entered
> > =FormatCurreny(fields!nameoffield.value,0,-1,-1)in the textbox
> > property's custom edit expressions box.
> >
> > It drops the decimal places and adds the dollar sign just fine but,
> > I need the commas as well. What do I do?
> >
> >
> > I would apprectiate help here.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gail
> >|||And mine as well. I had a different issue, but this clued me into what my
problem was. Thanks
"Gail Beedie" wrote:
> YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!
> GAIL
>
> "Charles Kangai" <CharlesKangai@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<B6BAD0E4-6010-4560-A59D-788C94A5640E@.microsoft.com>...
> > If your Regional Settings in Control Panel is US, then go to the Format
> > property of the field in the Properties sheet and type in C0. (letter "C"
> > followed by a zero).
> >
> > If your Regional Settings is not US, then go to the Language property of the
> > textbox, select English (United States) from the listbox, then in the Format
> > property type in C0.
> >
> > Alternatively, you can just use an expression: =Format(FieldName, "$#,###").
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Charles Kangai, MCT, MCDBA
> >
> >
> > "Gail Beedie" wrote:
> >
> > > I need to display currency fields with a dollar sign, commas and no
> > > decimal places. I entered
> > > =FormatCurreny(fields!nameoffield.value,0,-1,-1)in the textbox
> > > property's custom edit expressions box.
> > >
> > > It drops the decimal places and adds the dollar sign just fine but,
> > > I need the commas as well. What do I do?
> > >
> > >
> > > I would apprectiate help here.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Gail
> > >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment