Friday, February 24, 2012

Format Expression

My client's want certain areas of my expression to be bold and also a
different color. Via HTML or CSS this would be the solution:
="<b><font color=blue>Resource(s) Name:</font></b> " &
Fields!ResourceName.Value & vbcrlf &
"<b><font color=blue>Role:</font></b> " & Fields!Role.Value & vbcrlf &
vbcrlf & "<b><font color=blue>Other Resource(s) Name:</font></b> " &
Fields!OtherResourceName.Value & vbcrlf & "<b><font color=blue>Other Resource
Role:</font></b> " & Fields!OtherResourceRole.Value
However, this does not work with SSRS. Is this something that will be
allowed in SSRS 2008 or is it possible with 2005?
--
<moojjoo/>RS 2008 is going support rich format. I have not played with the CTPs
(general pre-release software) so I am not totally firm in my head on how
this support will show itself.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Moojjoo" <Moojjoo@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:522D7736-6B3C-48BB-8DC7-D9147A802978@.microsoft.com...
> My client's want certain areas of my expression to be bold and also a
> different color. Via HTML or CSS this would be the solution:
> ="<b><font color=blue>Resource(s) Name:</font></b> " &
> Fields!ResourceName.Value & vbcrlf &
> "<b><font color=blue>Role:</font></b> " & Fields!Role.Value & vbcrlf &
> vbcrlf & "<b><font color=blue>Other Resource(s) Name:</font></b> " &
> Fields!OtherResourceName.Value & vbcrlf & "<b><font color=blue>Other
> Resource
> Role:</font></b> " & Fields!OtherResourceRole.Value
> However, this does not work with SSRS. Is this something that will be
> allowed in SSRS 2008 or is it possible with 2005?
> --
> <moojjoo/>|||So basically I am up the river without a paddle on what my client wants at
this time with formating the font?
--
<moojjoo/>
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> RS 2008 is going support rich format. I have not played with the CTPs
> (general pre-release software) so I am not totally firm in my head on how
> this support will show itself.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "Moojjoo" <Moojjoo@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:522D7736-6B3C-48BB-8DC7-D9147A802978@.microsoft.com...
> > My client's want certain areas of my expression to be bold and also a
> > different color. Via HTML or CSS this would be the solution:
> >
> > ="<b><font color=blue>Resource(s) Name:</font></b> " &
> > Fields!ResourceName.Value & vbcrlf &
> > "<b><font color=blue>Role:</font></b> " & Fields!Role.Value & vbcrlf &
> > vbcrlf & "<b><font color=blue>Other Resource(s) Name:</font></b> " &
> > Fields!OtherResourceName.Value & vbcrlf & "<b><font color=blue>Other
> > Resource
> > Role:</font></b> " & Fields!OtherResourceRole.Value
> >
> > However, this does not work with SSRS. Is this something that will be
> > allowed in SSRS 2008 or is it possible with 2005?
> > --
> > <moojjoo/>
>
>|||You can do things like put multiple text boxes next to each other and format
each of those (which really only works for very simple scenarios).
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Moojjoo" <Moojjoo@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:17509CDD-B058-44DF-8DD9-004D6B027AF4@.microsoft.com...
> So basically I am up the river without a paddle on what my client wants at
> this time with formating the font?
> --
> <moojjoo/>
>
> "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
>> RS 2008 is going support rich format. I have not played with the CTPs
>> (general pre-release software) so I am not totally firm in my head on how
>> this support will show itself.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce Loehle-Conger
>> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>> "Moojjoo" <Moojjoo@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:522D7736-6B3C-48BB-8DC7-D9147A802978@.microsoft.com...
>> > My client's want certain areas of my expression to be bold and also a
>> > different color. Via HTML or CSS this would be the solution:
>> >
>> > ="<b><font color=blue>Resource(s) Name:</font></b> " &
>> > Fields!ResourceName.Value & vbcrlf &
>> > "<b><font color=blue>Role:</font></b> " & Fields!Role.Value & vbcrlf &
>> > vbcrlf & "<b><font color=blue>Other Resource(s) Name:</font></b> " &
>> > Fields!OtherResourceName.Value & vbcrlf & "<b><font color=blue>Other
>> > Resource
>> > Role:</font></b> " & Fields!OtherResourceRole.Value
>> >
>> > However, this does not work with SSRS. Is this something that will be
>> > allowed in SSRS 2008 or is it possible with 2005?
>> > --
>> > <moojjoo/>
>>|||Bruce, I totally can understand that the only problem is I have this in a
table... and they are wanting multiple items in a cell along with that
formatting I am referrring to.
--
<moojjoo/>
"Moojjoo" wrote:
> So basically I am up the river without a paddle on what my client wants at
> this time with formating the font?
> --
> <moojjoo/>
>
> "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> > RS 2008 is going support rich format. I have not played with the CTPs
> > (general pre-release software) so I am not totally firm in my head on how
> > this support will show itself.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Bruce Loehle-Conger
> > MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> >
> > "Moojjoo" <Moojjoo@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:522D7736-6B3C-48BB-8DC7-D9147A802978@.microsoft.com...
> > > My client's want certain areas of my expression to be bold and also a
> > > different color. Via HTML or CSS this would be the solution:
> > >
> > > ="<b><font color=blue>Resource(s) Name:</font></b> " &
> > > Fields!ResourceName.Value & vbcrlf &
> > > "<b><font color=blue>Role:</font></b> " & Fields!Role.Value & vbcrlf &
> > > vbcrlf & "<b><font color=blue>Other Resource(s) Name:</font></b> " &
> > > Fields!OtherResourceName.Value & vbcrlf & "<b><font color=blue>Other
> > > Resource
> > > Role:</font></b> " & Fields!OtherResourceRole.Value
> > >
> > > However, this does not work with SSRS. Is this something that will be
> > > allowed in SSRS 2008 or is it possible with 2005?
> > > --
> > > <moojjoo/>
> >
> >
> >|||You are out of luck. This is very common requirement which is why it is
being implemented in RS 2008.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Moojjoo" <Moojjoo@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C4A3785A-A03A-4855-B524-F6E9A65D39E4@.microsoft.com...
> Bruce, I totally can understand that the only problem is I have this in a
> table... and they are wanting multiple items in a cell along with that
> formatting I am referrring to.
> --
> <moojjoo/>
>
> "Moojjoo" wrote:
>> So basically I am up the river without a paddle on what my client wants
>> at
>> this time with formating the font?
>> --
>> <moojjoo/>
>>
>> "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
>> > RS 2008 is going support rich format. I have not played with the CTPs
>> > (general pre-release software) so I am not totally firm in my head on
>> > how
>> > this support will show itself.
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Bruce Loehle-Conger
>> > MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>> >
>> > "Moojjoo" <Moojjoo@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:522D7736-6B3C-48BB-8DC7-D9147A802978@.microsoft.com...
>> > > My client's want certain areas of my expression to be bold and also a
>> > > different color. Via HTML or CSS this would be the solution:
>> > >
>> > > ="<b><font color=blue>Resource(s) Name:</font></b> " &
>> > > Fields!ResourceName.Value & vbcrlf &
>> > > "<b><font color=blue>Role:</font></b> " & Fields!Role.Value & vbcrlf
>> > > &
>> > > vbcrlf & "<b><font color=blue>Other Resource(s) Name:</font></b> " &
>> > > Fields!OtherResourceName.Value & vbcrlf & "<b><font color=blue>Other
>> > > Resource
>> > > Role:</font></b> " & Fields!OtherResourceRole.Value
>> > >
>> > > However, this does not work with SSRS. Is this something that will
>> > > be
>> > > allowed in SSRS 2008 or is it possible with 2005?
>> > > --
>> > > <moojjoo/>
>> >
>> >
>> >

No comments:

Post a Comment