Sunday, February 26, 2012

format expression is being ignored in table cell

I am consolidating multiple reports into one and wish to set the formatting
on the cell dependent upon the data.
The following code does not work
= iif(Parameters!RevenueColumns.Value=1,
"#,#"
,"")
&
iif(Parameters!RevenueColumns.Value=2,
"N2"
,"")
&
iif(Parameters!RevenueColumns.Value=3,
"N2"
,"")
When RevenueColumns is 1, the number is being quoted to about 20 decimal
places.
There is nothing in 'format' for the column or row, this is the only place
where format is set. Even if I change it back to just "#,#" it is being
ignored but i know it is accepting changes as i have varied the colour. I
have also tried N0 as the format and also 0.0 but nothing seems to change it,
even changing it back to the original value has not solved the issue. I have
deleted and redeployed the report, cleared out my IE cache and rebooted but
to no avail.
Can anyone help?
thanksthe numeric and the two null strs are being converted to a string, on which
it is not able to perform the formatting
coerce my arce
"adolf garlic" wrote:
> I am consolidating multiple reports into one and wish to set the formatting
> on the cell dependent upon the data.
> The following code does not work
> => iif(Parameters!RevenueColumns.Value=1,
> "#,#"
> ,"")
> &
> iif(Parameters!RevenueColumns.Value=2,
> "N2"
> ,"")
> &
> iif(Parameters!RevenueColumns.Value=3,
> "N2"
> ,"")
> When RevenueColumns is 1, the number is being quoted to about 20 decimal
> places.
> There is nothing in 'format' for the column or row, this is the only place
> where format is set. Even if I change it back to just "#,#" it is being
> ignored but i know it is accepting changes as i have varied the colour. I
> have also tried N0 as the format and also 0.0 but nothing seems to change it,
> even changing it back to the original value has not solved the issue. I have
> deleted and redeployed the report, cleared out my IE cache and rebooted but
> to no avail.
> Can anyone help?
> thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment