Friday, February 24, 2012

Format Decimal number conditionally

My 'Hour' Fields are retrieved from stored procedure always with 1 decimal
place.
(ie: 2.0 hours, 3.5 hours)
I wish to display, (ie: 2, 3.5 respectively), the first value (2.0) without
the ".0".
So far I have this solution:
=IIF(Abs(Fields!Hours.Value) < Fields!Hours.Value, Fields!Hours.Value ,
Abs(Fields!Hours.Value) )
Is there a better solution? thanks!I found an even simpler solution:
I changed the Custom Format of my table cell to:
=Format(Cdbl(Fields!Hours.Value))
"SQT" wrote:
> My 'Hour' Fields are retrieved from stored procedure always with 1 decimal
> place.
> (ie: 2.0 hours, 3.5 hours)
> I wish to display, (ie: 2, 3.5 respectively), the first value (2.0) without
> the ".0".
> So far I have this solution:
> =IIF(Abs(Fields!Hours.Value) < Fields!Hours.Value, Fields!Hours.Value ,
> Abs(Fields!Hours.Value) )
> Is there a better solution? thanks!
>|||Apology.
Do not use the Custom Format.
Change the Text Value Property to, ie: =Format(Cdbl(Fields!Hours.Value))
"SQT" wrote:
> I found an even simpler solution:
> I changed the Custom Format of my table cell to:
> =Format(Cdbl(Fields!Hours.Value))
>
> "SQT" wrote:
> >
> > My 'Hour' Fields are retrieved from stored procedure always with 1 decimal
> > place.
> > (ie: 2.0 hours, 3.5 hours)
> >
> > I wish to display, (ie: 2, 3.5 respectively), the first value (2.0) without
> > the ".0".
> > So far I have this solution:
> > =IIF(Abs(Fields!Hours.Value) < Fields!Hours.Value, Fields!Hours.Value ,
> > Abs(Fields!Hours.Value) )
> >
> > Is there a better solution? thanks!
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment