Friday, February 24, 2012

format excel output

In my report I have used the "jump to url" for the report output but when I export this to excel I get a column with the correct data and also the url.

Is there anyway of exporting the data without the url?

I want my users to be able to view the report and click on the column the want to URL jump to but also be able to export just the raw data without the URL?

No. For this I've had to create 2 versions of my reports, 1 with formatting, layout, links etc. and the other just plain data. I then add a link to the formatted version (attached to an excel icon) and just pass through the current parameter values i.e. this is done by constructing the URL using an expression and additionally appending rs:Format=EXCEL to the end of it.

|||Is there any way of having a column that shows up on the report be can't be exported to excel?|||

I thought I already answered that?

The answer is No. You cannot detect within the report which renderer was used.

No comments:

Post a Comment