Sunday, February 26, 2012

Format expression returned a data type that is not valid

Hi,
I'm new on Reporting Services 2005 and would apreciate your help.
I'm trying to format a textbox in a matrix report to present an ABS value.
I've tried several formulas but I'm getting this warning :
"The Format expression used in textbox â'SALDO_PERIODOâ' returned a data type
that is not valid."
The textbox value is Sum(Fields!SALDO_PERIODO.Value and the format formula
I'm using is =Abs(Sum(Fields!SALDO_PERIODO.Value, "SALDOS"))
Thanks,
--
NSThe format code property has to evaluate to a string. Also, the format code
property uses .NET formatcode string. Please check MSDN for details:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconstandardnumericformatstrings.asp
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Nuno Santos" <NunoSantos@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E6AC8CC1-61A1-4418-9982-691755C7C550@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I'm new on Reporting Services 2005 and would apreciate your help.
> I'm trying to format a textbox in a matrix report to present an ABS value.
> I've tried several formulas but I'm getting this warning :
> "The Format expression used in textbox 'SALDO_PERIODO' returned a data
> type
> that is not valid."
> The textbox value is Sum(Fields!SALDO_PERIODO.Value and the format formula
> I'm using is =Abs(Sum(Fields!SALDO_PERIODO.Value, "SALDOS"))
> Thanks,
> --
> NS

No comments:

Post a Comment