Sunday, February 26, 2012

Format HTMLOWC

I have a .net application already that does quite a bit
of reporting and I'd like to incorporate RS into it.
Currently, I have a DetailReport.aspx page that displays
results using Office Web Components. I'd like to replace
this page with reports from RS. When I try to view
reports using the Format=HTMLOWC directly in the HTML
Viewer, the results look just like regular HTML (not like
the Excel in OWC). I thought I could just display the
report using the ReportViewer.dll included with RS, but
it doesn't seem like that will work.
So, my question is what is the best way to incorporate RS
into my existing application? I want the user to be able
to experience the report in OWC through my current web
app.
Thanks in advance!
Jim
.What is is issue you have with ReportViewer control, because we are using
ReportViewer to display the report in the web interface and it works fine.
Let me know the issue and see how I can help you
Balaji
--
Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com|||Thanks for your response, but I'm not sure I understand. I changed the
webapp to use the reportviewer.dll control for RS and used the
Format="HTMLOWC" property, but the report is still rendered on the webform as
HTML and not HTML with OWC. Any ideas? Both the client and the IIS server
have OWC installd, but the RS Server may not.
JE
"BALAJI via SQLMonster.com" wrote:
> What is is issue you have with ReportViewer control, because we are using
> ReportViewer to display the report in the web interface and it works fine.
> Let me know the issue and see how I can help you
> Balaji
> --
> Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com
>|||Actually, I'm finding that I cannot even download the report using the Export
functionality in the HTML Viewer. It just shows up as regular HTML. I have
OWC installed on the client and it used to download the same report fine.
I've installed RS SP2 - could that have broken this?
JE
"Jim Emlet" wrote:
> Thanks for your response, but I'm not sure I understand. I changed the
> webapp to use the reportviewer.dll control for RS and used the
> Format="HTMLOWC" property, but the report is still rendered on the webform as
> HTML and not HTML with OWC. Any ideas? Both the client and the IIS server
> have OWC installd, but the RS Server may not.
> JE
> "BALAJI via SQLMonster.com" wrote:
> > What is is issue you have with ReportViewer control, because we are using
> > ReportViewer to display the report in the web interface and it works fine.
> >
> > Let me know the issue and see how I can help you
> >
> > Balaji
> >
> > --
> > Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com
> >|||The OWC rendering has lots of limitations that are described in the
documentation. If we run into one of these restrictions, it will come out as
straight HTML.
The best way to embed reports into your applications is actually the new
ReportViewer controls in VS 2005.
--
Brian Welcker
Group Program Manager
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Jim Emlet" <JimEmlet@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:132259F7-7CAF-404C-9F04-8D8910BCC60A@.microsoft.com...
> Actually, I'm finding that I cannot even download the report using the
> Export
> functionality in the HTML Viewer. It just shows up as regular HTML. I
> have
> OWC installed on the client and it used to download the same report fine.
> I've installed RS SP2 - could that have broken this?
> JE
> "Jim Emlet" wrote:
>> Thanks for your response, but I'm not sure I understand. I changed the
>> webapp to use the reportviewer.dll control for RS and used the
>> Format="HTMLOWC" property, but the report is still rendered on the
>> webform as
>> HTML and not HTML with OWC. Any ideas? Both the client and the IIS
>> server
>> have OWC installd, but the RS Server may not.
>> JE
>> "BALAJI via SQLMonster.com" wrote:
>> > What is is issue you have with ReportViewer control, because we are
>> > using
>> > ReportViewer to display the report in the web interface and it works
>> > fine.
>> >
>> > Let me know the issue and see how I can help you
>> >
>> > Balaji
>> >
>> > --
>> > Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com
>> >

No comments:

Post a Comment