Sunday, February 26, 2012

FORMAT ISSUE... what to do?

Hey,
I have a little format issue with Excel 2003:
I am working in reporting services - creating a report. The SQL store
procedure returns a date with the following format:
MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM PM/AM
In my report on that perticular text field I have the following format:
dd/mm/yyyy HH:MM:SS
Because I want it in military time.
It displays fine in the report but when I open it in Excel it brings up
the following ERROR:
"File Error. Some number formats may have been lost"
And it shows the date columns the following way:
"38692.46597"
The document is NOT huge and does't contain more than 2000 rows.
Any ideas on how to solve this?Alright solved this:
Changed the format
"dd/mm/yyyy HH:MM:SS"
to
"dd/mm/yyyy HH:MM:ss"
seems that did it ... weird
regards,
Sorcerdon

No comments:

Post a Comment